GOODMAN CITY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
MEETING with COUNCIL
Oct. 24, 2017 – 7:00 p.m.
203 W Barlow St, Goodman, MO 64843
Presenters: Jill Cornett, HSTCC Executive Director
Nikki Hill, HSTCC Transportation Planner
Bryan West, HSTCC Community Planner
Sign in: Jill Cornett
Progress Report: DRAFT of Plan – Jill Cornett
FUTURE Land Use Map – Jill Cornett
Land Use Map: Jill Cornett
Needed: Council Discussion
Planning & Zoning Commission: Council
The Planning Commission’s function is to plan for the development of the municipality. Most cities combine the Planning Commission and the Zoning Commission into a single Commission.
Commission must be created by ordinance:
Membership consists of:
- The Mayor (if the Mayor chooses to be a member)
- A Councilperson selected by the Council IF the Council chooses to have a member serve on the Commission
- Not more than 15 OR no fewer than 5 citizens appointed by the Mayor and
- Approved by the Council.
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST 7 total members (including Mayor and Council member)
- No member may receive compensation for their service.
- Appointment should be for 4-year terms.
- To start, Council may appoint some people for 2, 3 and 4 years, until staggered terms may be used.
- Officers from the Commission include Chairman and Secretary.
- Roll call and minutes must be taken.
October Appoint P&Z Commission
October Present Draft Plan to P&Z
November Public Meeting to Present Plan
December P&Z recommends approval of plan to Council
December/January Council adopts plan by Ordinance