SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING
Monday August 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the
Goodman City Hall
1. Call the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
2. Discuss and approve the minutes from the regular meeting on July 16, 2013 and August 6, 2013.
3. Citizens business.
a. Acknowledge JR Fisher to discuss changing the Zoning Code to limit the amount of Accessory buildings allowed on a lot.
b. Acknowledge Sherrill Gilmore regarding the annexation of South 59 Highway.
4. Begin business section of meeting starting with unfinished business.
a. Open and decide on bids for the 1988 1 ton Chevrolet truck.
b. Set a date for the public hearing for Coe's Variance request.
5. New Business.
a. Discuss and vote on Bill # 2013-436 for Ordinance # 2013-446 increasing the Court Costs by $3.00 per ticket for the Sheriffs retirement fund per RSMO. 57.955.
b. Discuss having the Missouri Rural Water Association map the City’s water system.
c. Vote to approve contract with Joplin Humane Society.
6. Department heads.
a. Chief Drake.
b. David Brodie.
c. Denis Kolb.
d. Dawn Bunch – Monthly tax report.
e. Paula Brodie. –ask Board to be allowed to attend the MML Annual Conference seminar fee $275.00 plus hotel (3 nights, will split cost with Pineville’s City Clerk).
– Court annual Conference ($125.00 plus 2 night’s hotel).
– note that the 59 Highway Annexation Public Hearing is set for August 20 2013 from 6:00-6:30PM.
– note- the2013 tax levy Public hearing is from 6:30-6:45PM on August 20 2013. The tax levy amount is .06332 per $100.00 evaluation.
7. Vote to approve the bills in the amount of $28,538.76 that the Board agreed to pay on August 6, 2013 at the regular meeting.
8. Adjourn the meeting.