June 7, 2016
Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Aldermen held a regular meeting on Tuesday night June 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM. Those present included Mayor Greg Richmond, Alderpersons Calvin Wilson, Keith Kohley, Roger Coe and Alice Kezar. Also present were City Supervisor David Brodie, Emergency Management Director Denis Kolb, Chief Curt Drake and Asst. City Clerk Karla McNorton. Also present were Lois Kolb, J.R. Fisher, Carol Coe, Leroy Coe, Kevin Keeney and Fred Nelson.
The Mayor called the meeting to order at 7:00PM.
The Board discussed the minutes from the regular meeting on May 17, 2016. Ald. Kezar moved to approve the minutes from the meeting on April 19, 2016. Ald. Kohley seconded. Ald. Coe, Kohley, Kezar voted aye and Wilson abstained.
The Board discussed signing the Tax Claim Certification form regarding the class action against TracFone. The board agreed to have the Certification signed as Ordinance 2006-376 has been in full force since January 1, 2007
Mr. Fisher is concerned the police truck, with brand new tires was used to haul 1300lbs of paint by Chief Drake while on duty. Chief Drake did state he was 10-6 when he was gone to get the paint. Mayor Richmond did state he thought that one time would not hurt the truck, but did note that if the opportunity arises again, we should use a trailer or the City truck to haul the paint and to make sure and let someone know first. Mayor Richmond thanked Mr. Nelson for donating the paint and noted that Mr. Nelson donated the paint to the City, local churches and anyone who could use the paint. Mr. Fisher thought Chief Drake could stop and ask the citizens if they needed the paint while on patrol. Chief Crake did note he has already given away 15 gallons of the paint already.
Discuss old Business.
1. Mr. Fisher asked if anything further was discussed about the alley? Mayor Richmond stated he will continue to treat it as an alley until he is provided proof otherwise.
Discuss new Business.
1. Alderman Kohley discussed getting the Police and Emergency Management building sprayed as there are ants. It was agreed to get it sprayed as soon as possible and then have the building sprayed at the same time the City Hall is sprayed each quarter.
2. Alderman Kohley also discussed getting the bumper and lights on the Expedition fixed. If we’re going to keep it, we should get it fixed. Mayor Richmond suggested having Charlie Whitehill take a look and give us a bid.
3. Alderman Kohley also brought up fireworks are already going off and we’re three weeks from July 4th. We need to get it stopped as the ordinance is July 4th only from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
4. Alderman Kohley asked about Mike Davis’ property needing mowed and has he been sent a letter? Curt stated he believes he has and if not, we need to send him a letter. Kohley also brought up the lumber yard and Curt stated it is 70% taken care of .
5. Mayor Richmond also mentioned the property at 108 W. Garner is bad also and he should be sent a letter. David stated they have moved and we do not know who the owner is. David was asked to mow the property.
Department head reports:
– Nothing to report. Alderman Kohley asked Drake if he found out about the rain coats? Chief Drake stated, not yet.
Denis Kolb- nothing to report
– The D.N.R. Letter, states we’re in compliance, there were no violations during the past two years.
– Well #1 discharging pipe needs paint, one gallon of Rustoleum paint.
– The casing on well #1 does not project at least 12 inches above the floor. The next time the pump is replaced, we need to extend the casing.
– The Tank and Well House do not have security fencing around them. David recommended a 6 foot fence with 3 strands of barb wire and a double gate, one to walk through and one to drive through. David states he can get a figure on what it would cost then we can put it out for bid.
-David did mention his anniversary is Friday (6-10-2016), and he has three days of vacation left to use before then and David Sarratt has been off to where he couldn’t use it and would like to have an additional week to use it and would like to take off Friday the 10th, Wednesday the 15th and Friday the 17th, if the board will approve? The Board discussed and approved David keeping the three days and taking them on the 10th, 15th and 17th off. Mayor Richmond thanked David for his 25 years of service with the City.
Meghan Sexson-not present
– Noted the additional high grass and weeds list mailed out.
– Noted the Moperm newsletter enclosed.
The board discussed the bills from June 7, 2016 in the amount of $46,578.44 including transfers. Ald. Wilson moved to approve the bill and transfers in the amount of $46,578.44. Ald. Kohley seconded. Ald. Coe, Kohley Kezar and Wilson voted aye with 0 nays.
Alderman Kohley moved to adjourn the meeting. Alderman Wilson seconded. Ald. Coe, Kohley Kezar and Wilson voted aye with 0 nays.